- Glitch as Tension
- This image was grabbed from the ‘Most Visited’ tab in a Chrome internet browser on 7.19.12:
- It is a glitched rendering of the website http://www.chase.com, used on a regular basis to conduct online banking. It is unknown why it was rendered as a glitch.
- It has been further glitched by randomly (and increasingly) inserting the phrase [GLITCH_AS_TENSION] into its alphanumeric values:
- An animated GIF was created to serve as the centerpiece:
- A PDF file containing the intervened alphanumeric values of the images above was then converted into image files.
- The alphanumeric values for these images were themselves intervened by substituting specific characters with the word [TENSION]:
- The resulting images were then mixed in with the original files in order to create an animated GIF that served as the background:
Suggested follow up question:
- Why was an image that references a banking institution used as the centerpiece for a portrait on the Glitch as Tension?