[Researcher as Facilitator]
- Occurred in the city of Tubac, AZ as part of Tubac Center of the Arts‘ Summer Art Program.
- June 11-July 3rd, 2013.
- Data was collected from 27 learners in the 6-13 year-old range.
- An IRL/Online hybrid.
- IRL: Besides Studio Meme, learners cycled, one week at a time, through classes on mixed media, sculpture, illustration, acting and self-reflection.
- Online: During Studio Meme, learners assumed control of one of five laptops each associated with a faux Google account as part of a private Google+ circle.
- Participants engaged the Language of Internet Memes through three distinct, age-appropriate curricula:
- 6-7 year olds.
- 8-10 year olds.
- 11 to 13 year olds (two rounds due to learner groupings, 3, & number of weeks, 4).
- First Round
- Second Round
- Chromebook Laptops
- Google+ Social Network
- Google+ Chat Window
- http://apps.pixlr.com/express (Chrome extension)
- Meme Generator App for Android by ZomboDroid