Deconstruction for Glitch as Destination
by León De la Rosa Carrillo
- Glitch as Destination
- This image was produced by Google Maps when queering for directions from point A to point B on 7.19.2012:
- It is unknown why the the route was displayed as a glitch.
- It was further glitched by randomly, and increasingly inserting the phrase [GLITCH_AS_DESTINATION] into their alphanumeric values:
- An animated GIF was created to serve as centerpiece:
- A PDF file containing the intervened alphanumeric values of the images above was then converted into image files.
- The alphanumeric values for these images were themselves intervened by substituting specific characters with the word [Destination]:
- The resulting images were then mixed in with the original files in order to create an animated GIF that served as the background:
Suggested follow up questions:
- Is all mapping subjected to human [or otherwise] error?
- Are all maps specifically designed for a specific purpose?
- Is mapping an end [a destination] in itself?