Deconstruction for Glitch as Failure
by León De la Rosa Carrillo
- Glitch as Failure
- This error message was the result of a google search conducted on 11.16.2011
- In a sense, the error message is a predetermined response to a glitch in the Google process.
- The message was then glitched by randomly (and increasingly) inserting the phrase [GLITCH_AS_FAILURE] into its alphanumeric values:
- An animated GIF was created to serve as the centerpiece:
- A PDF file containing the intervened alphanumeric values of the images above was then converted into image files.
- The alphanumeric values for these images were themselves intervened by substituting specific characters with the word [Failure]:
- The resulting images were then mixed in with the original files in order to create an animated GIF that served as the background:
Suggested follow up questions:
- What does a searching failure due to having enter a search term “too long to process” suggest about the process by which Google conducts searches?
- What notions and reflections are conjured up by the image of a cartoon robot attempting to fix itself?
- Have you tried searching on Google for the term [failure]?